The good part of a stress fracture
For all of you wondering how my 10k race training is going, let’ me show you something:
Yes, exactly, not running for me since my right foot decided it was stressed and had a break down!
Dear foot, I totally understand your feeling, I’m often stressed myself, but don’t you think this is a little too much? And honestly, you had a very bad timing. It’s just a 10k race, not a marathon, and can you imagine what it would happen if I had a break down every time I’m not feeling good.
Please pull yourself together, I need you!
That was 3 weeks ago. It didn’t work. I have a stress fracture and an expected recovery period of 4 to 6 weeks.
It sucks! I can see only bad things happening to me:
- I cannot move
- I cannot going to work
- I cannot doing pretty much anything and I started hating TV since I saw more Tv shows in the last week that in the past 5 years.
Is there anything good in this whole experience? Let’s see…
- I have lots of time to think… which it’s not a good thing
- I could potentially sleep more… if it wasn’t for the pain
- I am actually find out who are good friends and who are not, which it’s always a good thing.
- I can read and write, this is a good one, and I got lots of good recipes that I can’t wait to try.
But beside that, spending my days on the couch is not fun.
I do not think I will have enough time to recover and train before the race, but I will do my best.
Lost of yoga for now, and when I say yoga I mean Yoga channel!
I hope to have good news soon. If you guys have any advice, please, I need them!
I’ll try to stay positive!
Read my running adventures here